1988 Mercury Tracer

Started up fine ran for 5 min then stopped. Fuel ok, no spark Had spare coil and installed still no good. Will get into it heavy on Friday or Saturday. Brain Power Please I have some tests and checks I will start with anyone have any experience with this. The car is actually a Mazda 323 1.6L engine. Up til this it ran fine everyday to work and back 60 miles a day

Reply to
Mbflash

Indian Summer

Tracer` this way; put a test light's positive lead to the positive battery terminal and the negative lead on the negative wire at the coil, crank it, if the light flashes the Ign Cntrl Module is good. No flash, describe. Checked timing belt lately?

Reply to
Indian Summer

"Indian Summer"

One other thing, If light flashes coil may be dead. Supply 12V to coil for

1/8 of a second, should produce spark. If test light won't flash maybe, for example, position sensor fallen off, or bad module?
Reply to
Indian Summer