99 Taurus Mirror Repair

I read the note on the 98 Taurus repair, but my 99 seems to be different. I must have an upgraded sound system because the inside trim piece has a little speaker in it. There doesn't seem to be a screw
holding this inside trim part + speaker in. Didn't want to pry too much and break more. How do I get this mirror off - passenger side if it matters. Thanks.
FOSE88 wrote:

Removal:
1.    Disconnect battery ground cable.
2.    Remove two screws retaining rear view mirror mounting hole cover and remove cover by carefully prying off door window frame.
3.    Remove front door trim panel.
4.    Remove retaining screw, disconnect and remove radio speaker from front door trim panel.
5.    Disconnect outside rear view mirror wiring connector. Remove wiring guides as necessary.
6.    Remove three outside rear view mirror retaining nuts. Remove outside rear view mirror while guiding wiring and connector through hole in door.
Installation:
1.    Install outside rear view mirror by routing connector and wiring through hole in front door. Install three retaining nuts. Tighten retaining nuts to 6-8 N-m (53-71 lb-in).
2.    Install radio speaker to front door trim panel with retaining screw. Connect wire connectors.
3.    Install rear view mirror mounting hole cover by lightly applying pressure until it snaps in place on window frame. Install two retaining screws.
4.    Connect mirror wiring connector and install wiring guides.
5.    Replace front door trim panel.
6.    Connect battery ground cable.
DONE!
Rob
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:36:56 -0500, trainfan1

Wow, that's so simple and logical, wonder why I didn't think of that <G>
Father Guido wrote:

EXACTLY!
Rob