ANTIFREEZE LEAK ON A 2001 FORD FOCUS. PLEASE HELP!!

I HAVE AN ANTIFREEZE LEAK. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE HEATER HOSE AND REPLACED IT, BUT I STILL HAVE THE LEAK. IT ONLY LEAKS OVERNIGHT AFTER THE CAR HAS COOLED DOWN. WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN JUST OVERNIGHT. THERE IS NO
LEAK WHEN THE CAR IS RUNNING OR WHEN IT IS STILL HOT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE? THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 3 DAYS.

TURN OFF THE CAPSLOCK! -- - - - Then, in the morning, get under the car and look for drips... If from front of engine, near crankshaft pulley.. it's likely the waterpump bearing seal.
While engine is cold.. remove the radiator cap and MAKE SURE that coolant is present up to the neck of the opening before you start the engine, each day until you find the problem. - -- - -
Also make sure the little cap-like thingy on the underside is free, this allows coolant to be sucked back into the engine system as it cools. Wouldnt hurt to just replace the rad cap.
It's ALSO possible that the line from the cap-neck to the de-gas bottle (overflow ) is blocked.
you pay..DEAL with it!
My daughter's focus leaked antifreeze from the housing for the thermostat. Apparently, its made of plastic. Had it replaced and other than the fuel pump that had a recall, has run well.
have a close look there WILL be signs of the leak look for 'pink' antifreeze stains around components the water pumps are common on this year/model
Thanks to all of you for your help!
You could always try filling the tank with PURE antifreeze... I know, sounds weird, but my 99 taurus had a bad antifreeze leak, he had to change the tank (Very common for the tank to crack) but there was still a leak, only when the car was stopped and shut off... I was stranded by a dollar store, and bought antifreeze, but I didnt have water to mix it with, so I had no choice but to pour it all in... My tank doesnt hold much antifreeze, but some how or other it keeps enough to keep cool, and its been this way for a year and a half, never over heated...(you still want to add some every few months or so... just to be on the safe side... Im not guaranteeing it will work, maybe something else happened in mine, But, You can always give it a try?
1006 wrote:

Spookeh_kitty via CarKB.com wrote:

what dollar store sells antifreeze? I would love to get a gallon for $1 :)