Anyone know how to replace third brake light on a Taurus Wagon?

My wifes wagon ('99) third brake light had all the red plastic broken. I can't see how this part seems to be attached to the roof, it almost looks like it's just been pushed in very tightly. Actually the lamps
themselves still work, I just need the plastic, but even that doesn't seem to have any holes inside for it to be screwed in to.
If you have had any experience with this part I'd appreciate any helpful advice on removing the old one, or if I can just replace the plastic cover.
Thanks!!!
Norm

Yessir. If you'll take off the trim on the inside of the tailgate, you'll easily see the light-duty nuts that hold the light on. Unscrew them, disconnect the wiring, and the old one's off. Reverse steps to install the new one.
CJB
Father Guido wrote:

Removal:
-Open liftgate. Remove liftgate upper finish trim panel.
-Remove rubber plug from liftgate.
-Remove four nuts from rear hi-mount lamp mounting studs.
-Close liftgate and pull rear hi-mount lamp away from liftgate.
-Turn body main wiring 1/2 turn counterclockwise and remove from rear hi-mount lamp.
-Gently pull miniature bulb out of body main wiring.
Installation:
-Follow removal procedure in reverse order.
-Tighten nuts to 1-2 N-m (9-17 lb-in).
Rob
What a bunch of nice guys on this group. Thanks so much for your quick and detailed instructions.
Thanks again,
Norm