Best Battery for Aerostar?

Hi,
Anyone want to recommend the best replacement battery for their trucks? need a battery that starts in cold weather, even if I don't drive the car
everyday... my Diehard Golds don't seem to last more than a year or so.... anyone? - Thanks
Have the charging system checked; something's wrong. Install a voltmeter (if it doesn't have one), and keep a trickle charger on it when you don't drive for days at a time. If you live where you can't get an extension cord to the vehicle, invest (instead) in one of the solar cell battery "sustainers" that VW dealers use for vehicles in transit.
RobGute wrote:

RobGute wrote:

WalMart - MAXX 1N for the Aerostar. 3 year replacement warranty, then pro-rated to 7 years total. I had good luck with this one, the Interstates would not stay alive in the van. Our was an Eddie Bauer, w/ lots of lights, and the kids would leave the doors open.
Rob
RobGute opined in

I bought two Diehards when they first came out... Never bought another.
I have always had good luck with the mid-price no-name, KMart/Walmart brands.

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Yep, I have never had a good Die Hard, or Interstate for that matter.I've had about 50\50 with Motorcraft and AC-Delco replacement batteries and Champion (as in the spark plugs, sold at Sams Club) batteries tend to be the worst of the bunch. Surprisingly, I've had excellent luck with Auto-Zone house brand batteries. I think the name is Duralast. A good battery will cost you ~$75. Watch out for the less expensive ones.             Tom

For the last 15 years I've used nothing but Interstate Megatrons. Had one fail in 5 years, and one in 3.That is on 4 different vehicles. On My Aerostar I think they were 880cca, but I'm not certain.
Much better than any CTC or Sears crap. Much better than Delco
I think you can get a bad battery anywhere. I had a Walmart one about 3 years ago replaced twice in one year. There was np problem with the system. I now am running one from Advance and in a year its been fine. I had a 71 Pinto once where the factory battery died at nine years old. The motor hardly had to turn to start and the last year it turned slow. One day it just quit. The car was owned since new. Also it was a plain JAne no frills car., just good dependable transportation.
GOD BLESS THE USA
I've got a Diehard Range Handler, and it's been 7 years strong so far. I'll replace it next year just because. I'm going with an Optima Red top next.
the Autozone Duralast's are made by Johnson controls, Costco's Kirkland and Walmart's brand are also made by the same company.