blower motor

Hi all, I have an 1991 E-150 conversion van. A couple of days ago the blower motor just quit, no noise, fuse is good. What I need to know is how/ where
do you access the blower motor. TIA!
--
Mark

Mark wrote:

Hi Mark, You reach the blower motor from under the hood. Look at the right side (passenger side) toward the passenger compartment. The motor is probably not dead but draws too much amperage. The failed part is likely the blower resistor, just to the right of the motor. The motor dragging causes a thermal fuse in the resistor pack to open. It's common also for the connector at the resistor to overheat and fail. Check for power and ground at the motor connector. If you don't have it, the thermal fuse is open. You will need the motor, resistor and maybe the connector. Also take a few minutes to check the blower speed switch and it's connector (in the heater control asy), they are also prone to failure due to overheating.
            Regards, Tom
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:32:37 -0500, Tom Adkins

pretty much guarentee the switch and harness are toast
hurc ast
snipped-for-privacy@kato.com wrote:

Yea Hurc, the motor usually takes out the switch and resistor along with the connectors (harnesses). It's a systemic thing. I didn't want to scare him too bad.

the info! Mark