Escape Hybrid audio system

I have a couple of questions about the sound system in the new hybrid Escape:

  1. Where is the CD loader for the Audiophile option located?

  1. Are there any issues with the cd player skipping in cold weather? I currently drive a 2002 Pathfinder (lease ending soon), in which the

6-cd front loader will ALWAYS skip in cold weather.

  1. I had asked the dealer about the possibility of installing satellite radio into the hybrid, and they mentioned something about having to install some kind of switch to make it sat-ready. Then I would be able to install the sat radio after market. Any thoughts on this?

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

I was looking at the Escapes recently, they are in the dash above the center console climate controls. I'm pretty sure all the new Fords with the 6-cd option have them in the dash above the cener console.

Check out the 6-cd in-dash players with the MP3 capability, the Escapes have that option. You could stuff a lot of music in there.

Reply to
sleepdog

Are you talking about the regular or hybrid Escapes?

Reply to
Jon

Both, I think the trim packages are the same with respect to the audio options in hybrid and conventional. I test drove a hybrid with an MP3

6CD in dash player. The conventional had a regular 6CD in dash player, but you can get the conventional with MP3 6CD.
Reply to
sleepdog