Code Reader and more ?

Anybody know of a good code reader for the OBD2 systems ? I was thinking of a good one, because I will probably use it allot. Maybe a more deluxe one is what I
am looking for, but I don't know what to get. Please help me to understand what is best.
Thanks Mike
http://www.autoenginuity.com/ is about $250 US.... a lot of diesel DIYers say nothing but good things about this one...
http://www.troublecodes.net/technical/scaninfo.shtml is probably worth a look see too.

Mike wrote:

I was recently looking at scanners at Auto Zone, Actron brand. They have 4-5 models from a basic KOEO code reader to one that will give live datastream readings and will display code definitions along with being adaptable to non OBD-II vehicles. They range from $80-250. None of them will communicate with other systems such as ABS, SRS, PATS, etc. For that functionality you will be looking at ~$2000.