Peugeot 306 HDi code reader

I'm looking for a code reader/scanner for a 1999 Pug 306, if it could reset the airbag light it would be a bonus :)

Does anyone have any cheapish recommendations ?

Thanks in advance :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Cut out the connector and solder the pretensioner wires under the front (usually drivers) seat?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've not even looked at it yet, but the connections under the seats would be my first port of call :) I was told (yeah I know) that the light wouldn't go out when I fixed the problem, it would need resetting, is that right ? :)

Cheers Mr Payne :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

It reset itself after the fix on my dad's 1995 TD. It might have taken a certain number of starts, but I don't think so.

Mum never had the 2000 HDi long enough for the airbag light problem to surface so my experience isn't direct.

I'm sure I test started the 1998 1.9D we have before refitting the airbag after a heater matrix change and it made the light come on, but went off after the airbag was fitted again.

Suck it and see. I'm not sure the electromagics on this generation of Peugeot were very sophisticated. I'd try chatting up a local garage for a quick blast of their code reader if it doesn't reset itself.

FWIW mother's saab didn't need reset after a broken wire under the seat, and neither does my Mazda.

Good luck!

Reply to
Douglas Payne