dashboard lights

I have a friend that owns a 2000 mercury cougar. She says that one of the lights on her dashboard has come on and stays on. It looks like a can with a fan in it. She doesn?t have the manual and I cannot seem to find it online myself. Can you please tell me what it means so I can tell her.

Thank you

Reply to
Resa

Oooohh... I love charades.... sounds like low coolant light. FWIW... any of these lights is trying to tell us something and should be checked out before continuing to operate the vehicle.

Reply to
Jim Warman

so take it to autozone or advance or your local gas station garage and have them tell you what it means. get at least 2 opinions.

Reply to
oldkid

or better yet, just download the manual from ford..

was right, low coolant..

Reply to
Dark1

In all honesty, I'd be hard pressed to take advice from a partsmonger.... Kinda like asking the butcher at the supermarket what to do for a bad rotator cuff (he's probably going to say "make stew with lot's of garlic..."). The local garage is a crap shoot in some areas....

Interestingly, the owners manual is the most expensive, unread book ever published.... All that info at our fingertips - and folks spend more time adjusting the clock on their VCR....

Reply to
Jim Warman

"" wrote: > so take it to autozone or advance or your local gas station > garage > and have them tell you what it means. get at least 2 opinions.

Ok I will tell her. Thank you

Reply to
Resa

> warman was right, low coolant.. You were right. I searched long and hard for that manual. Thank you so much for your help.

Reply to
Resa