dashboard lights

I have a friend that owns a 2000 mercury cougar. She says that one of the lights on her dashboard has come on and stays on. It looks like a can with a fan in it. She doesnt have the manual and I cannot seem to
find it online myself. Can you please tell me what it means so I can tell her.
Thank you
Oooohh... I love charades.... sounds like low coolant light. FWIW... any of these lights is trying to tell us something and should be checked out before continuing to operate the vehicle.

so take it to autozone or advance or your local gas station garage and have them tell you what it means. get at least 2 opinions.

or better yet, just download the manual from ford.. https://web.msslib.dealerconnection.com/RightSite/getcontent/myfile.pdf?DMW_OBJECTID 000c588000b816 warman was right, low coolant..
"" wrote:
> > > so take it to autozone or advance or your local gas station > garage > > and have them tell you what it means. get at least 2 > opinions. > > > > or better yet, just download the manual from ford.. > https://web.msslib.dealerconnection.com/RightSite/getcontent/myfile.pdf?DMW_OBJECTID 000c588000b816 > warman was right, low coolant..
You were right. I searched long and hard for that manual. Thank you so much for your help.
In all honesty, I'd be hard pressed to take advice from a partsmonger.... Kinda like asking the butcher at the supermarket what to do for a bad rotator cuff (he's probably going to say "make stew with lot's of garlic..."). The local garage is a crap shoot in some areas....
Interestingly, the owners manual is the most expensive, unread book ever published.... All that info at our fingertips - and folks spend more time adjusting the clock on their VCR....

"" wrote: > so take it to autozone or advance or your local gas station > garage > and have them tell you what it means. get at least 2 opinions.
Ok I will tell her. Thank you