2000 Mercury Cougar

I have a 2000 Mercury Cougar & everytime it rains my passenger side floor board is ALWAYS soaked, i mean there's always @ least a couple of inches of
water. I've checked the rubber around the door and it seems to be fine, i just cant seem to figure out where it's leaking...

Around the windshield?
A whole in the cowling?
--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
"Akerns8407" wrote:

Bad seal around the sunroof. Plugged drain holes in the bottom of the door. Plugged drain in teh bottom of the heater's air intake box.
I don't think it's coming from the sunroof or the heater intake box..but i'll have to check the drain holes in the door...thanks a*lot MasterBlaster wrote:

I don't think it's coming from the sunroof or the heater intake box..but i'll have to check the drain holes in the door...thanks a*lot MasterBlaster wrote:

If it's a factory sunroof than it's probably not leaking. They do have drain holes. you can put some compressed air in it to see.
the problem is most likely the drain holes in the fenders. That's where the water drains when it coems off your windshield. It's hard to decribe but just follow where the water goes. It gets filles with leaves and junk and over time it composts there and cloggs the hole. Then it backs up and floods your HVAC fan.