diag code 1383 ford

Getting this fault code car has rough idle but drives great at high speed . code points to cam valve sensor to advance does this mean the sensor is bad or is there and actual timing problem. Help

Oh, I recall seeing your car parked next to mine a few times... it's that pukey green one, right??
Seriously.... a few particulars would help... year. model, engine size.... we are even assuning that this code is a "P" code and doesn't have a "U", "C" or "B" prefix?
Others may go furbling for you but there are enough instances of "near" pattern failures that can happen in particular production runs..... there are year to year changes that may make a particular action or test inappropriate.
Without some basic information, it's going to be a crap shoot....