digital speedometer

I can barely read the speedometer on the digital dash of my 92 Crown Vic during daylight. The other numerals (temp, fuel, trip milage) are all bright enough to read. I've turned the headlight know counter clockwise to make it bright a possible, but still too dim. Is there a way to clean behind it or some other way to get it to brighten up? Thanks Rod

Reply to
rodg

If it's the backlighted LCD type, there's another bulb WAY in the back of the cluster just for day lighting. If it's the neon tube type, there are separate power sources for the day & night illuminations; the night is triggered by the external lighting circuit, and the day is triggered by the ignition.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

there is also a relay module under tha dash that supplies this circuit i had the same problem with my t-bird. if the module is bad insufficent current pass through the deadlight circuit to illuminate the guages during the day. the module cost me about $40.00 at NAPA it was located under tha dash next to the radio. there should be a cluster of about 6 of these there each controls power to a different function

Reply to
walt peifer