Door latch lube

I have had some issues with ford Taurus door latches sticking. I have two doors on my 93 wagon stuck shut, and my 97 last night when it was cold, would not latch shut.
I tied the door shut to get home last night, but it seems to be working this morning.
Any recommendations on spray lube to keep these door locks working? Spray lithium? brands?
It seems WD40 is not a long term solution
A few net searches show this is not a uncommon problem with them.
bob
in article go9836$e52$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org, bob at snipped-for-privacy@inetnebr.com wrote on 2/27/09 9:32 AM:

some people use liquid graphite, works well in motorcycle cables and it will not freeze like gels, goop, grease down here in the lower 40 ...
really have to ask a Cannuck or Ice Road people for their down home remedies if white lithium is not working for you.
wrote on 2/27/09 | 9:32 AM: | | > Any recommendations on spray lube to keep these door locks working? | | | some people use liquid graphite, works well in motorcycle cables and it will | not freeze like gels, goop, grease down here in the lower 40 ... | | really have to ask a Cannuck or Ice Road people for their down home remedies | if white lithium is not working for you.
I'm sure that someone will accuse me of SPAMming even though the original question asked specifically about a spray lube to keep locks working... so, here goes
The locks probably have some rust or corrosion in the mechanism causing the problem.
http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo 90163&page=storefront/amh
This is a spray that goes on wet and liquid carrier drys leaving a wax like lubricant. Motorcycle owners use it on the chain. It won't sling off after it dries and won't attract dirt.. It also displaces water and silences squeaks. It protects exposed metal surfaces from the damaging effects of salt, moisture or chemical corrosion.
Please click on the link for a complete explanation.
--
Steve Spence
Independent AMSOIL Dealer

Anything liquid will gel, thicken, stiffen whatever you wish to calls it when temps fall. WD40, contrary to popular belief is NOT a lube. It is a water displacer. Does that give you a clue? You must get rid of the water. Try a dry graphite powder. You can get it in a regular can or in a spray can. Works fine on my snowblower at temps down to -40. I don't do snow at temps any colder and only did it once at that temp but the chute would pivot with no effort... Hope this helps. DaveD

You are probably beyond being able to spray anything into the lock and do much good. Don't spray anymore Wd40 into them, it gets REALLY thick and dry and sticky.
What you need to do is remove the inside door trim, then clean the locks with carb cleaner thouroughly. Spray it into them from every possible angle, or take them out and do it on the bench.
When they are clean and dry, use some of the lithium spray or similar stuff.