Door locks on '95 Contour driving me insane...

Whenever it gets a little cold, both front doors won't unlock. (I'm using a remote since the previous owner changed the starter lock but didn't think it was a good idea to have it coded with the same codes as the door keyholes)

(and no, I don't have the original keys)

I can't use my key to unlock the doors, so I have to rely on my remote.

The door locks won't open until the car is warmed up. Both rear doors can open without any trouble.

I sprayed some silicon/graphite stuff in both front keyholes, but it doesn't change anything.

I will take the doors apart (gotta change speakers and have my locks recoded to my key, and the passenger window has some issues going up or down too), and I was thinking about drowning the door mecanisms in grease, silicon, etc... so it won't do that again next winter.

I don't think the problem is the actuators, since the whirrr/click/whirrr/click noise comes from about 2 inches from the keyhole.

Any ideas?

Reply to
El Bandito