Focus Question

I have rented several Ford Focus automobiles recently. I noticed that they all have a groove to the left of the parking brake lever with a plastic clip on it. What is supposed to go there? It could
hold a pen or a tire pressure gauge. Or maybe the antenna from the roof? What concerns me is that Ford would go to the trouble of putting it there and not mention it in the owner's manual that I can find.
--
Earl F. Parrish

Your pen/pencil
Johan

Thanks. Since you told me now you will probably have to kill me.
--
Earl F. Parrish

No, I was afraid you were going to kill yourself over it.
You sounded desperate..........
Johan