Ford Escape Hybrid Price

Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood, CA just got their first Escape Hybrid in today. They are charging $5,000 over MSRP!
I am second on their waiting list, but the first person in line bought it.
I'm going to check with other dealers in the area to see if they are doing the same thing.
Jerry wrote:

Patience......
Give them 6 months.
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@reply.to.group says...

Being a Ford, wait a few weeks. They'll probably start offering a $3000 rebate.
That is what Toyota dealers are doing with the Prius, as well. The hybrid Escape is in such demand the original planned production was sold the first month. Ford has tripled the planed production for 2004. Personally I don't see the point of paying a premium for hybrids. The MSRP is at least $3,300 higher for a Prius than a Corolla and the MSRP is $3,000 more for a hybrid Escape and dealer will gladly discount the Corolla and the standard Escape. $3,000 extra will by ALL of the gas to run a gas powered Corolla for four years and an V6 Escape for three years. The over MSRP premium will buy ones insurance for several year as well. Insurance by the way is higher of hybrids because of the battery cost. In addition at some point the buyer will need to replace that very expensive battery back to boot. Seems to me only the rich and the environuts would even consider buying either one of them.
mike hunt
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

I went to Galpin Ford tonight, which is about 6-7 miles from Sunrise Ford, and they are are selling them at MSRP. I'll be going back to Sunrise now to see if they change their minds and drop the $5,000 premium.
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:18:14 GMT, you wrote:

just did the paperwork for mine (westwood, nj @ valley ford) paid MSRP. Many dealers in the area attempted to extort a premium of 5k for the car.

btw... delivery date is scheduled for the 21st ! (of october)