Ford Fairlane 1965

--------------AFC4DAB47D2EF6C97BE8A6F7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Does anyone have a "kind of sort of" on the value of a 1965 Ford
Fairlane with a 289 Engine in excellent condition?
The car is in So. Cal and there is no rust.
Thanks.
--------------AFC4DAB47D2EF6C97BE8A6F7 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------AFC4DAB47D2EF6C97BE8A6F7--
Does anyone have a "kind of sort of" on the value of a 1965 Ford Fairlane with a 289 Engine in excellent condition? The car is in So. Cal and there is no rust. Thanks.
----------
First, please use plain text in the news groups. Some newsreaders don't handle fonts well. And some people with visual problems don't either. Plus fancy fonts take up more bandwidth.
$5000-$6000.
Go to www.google.com and type in "ford fairlane 1965 price" the search thing.
Sorry I didn't know?
Jeff wrote:

Jeff wrote:

priceless to me..... I remember a neighbor that had two different 65 Fairlanes. last one gave out in 1980.
damm dependable and sturdy cars.......
Jeff opined

What bandwidth is that, Jeff? Do you mean on YOUR dial-up?
If you're going to be the "nanny" at least keep it credible!
I was connecting on 19.2 for a while and still noticed no real difference.

I have DSL. But it does slow down the transmission.
Below is part of the orginal message. It is about twice as long as it would have been in plain text. Imagine if the message were much longer. And people and text to speech programs don't do well with fancy fonts. I bet with dialup it takes about 0.05 s to transmit this. But servers have to keep copies, and there is a copy on my machine, too. I adds up. Of course, with my big 1 GB drive, it takes a lot of messages to fill up. If it were bigger, it would make a noticable difference.
In Texas, I think they call it common courtesy. I just wish Bush would go back so he can practice it there. Besides, I think they need his Harvard MBA to help with the oil fields or something. (Funny, you would think they he would know about his tax returns with his MBA, though.)
Jeff
--------------AFC4DAB47D2EF6C97BE8A6F7 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------AFC4DAB47D2EF6C97BE8A6F7--
--------------D293399B4FC7F17AC71F18CB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
John wrote:

I used to have one in college. 289 2 bbl auto. Every member in the family got hit in it at least once. Might as well have painted a target on it. The 289 never got hot enough in the winter. I froze my ass off as i recall. I had a rear leaf spring break once and had to put
helper shocks on it.
Bob
--------------D293399B4FC7F17AC71F18CB Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------D293399B4FC7F17AC71F18CB--
Dear Bob:
That 289 could power a tank. Even though the car is heavy that engine just does not even blink when more power is needed. I have the same experience about the thing warming up. It gets warm enough to run OK but it takes awhile.
I sure wouldn't want to have it as a commute car today with the price of gasoline.
Thanks for the follow up.
John