Ford Mondeo - Immobiliser

Hi, Im looking for some assistance with a 1995 ford mondeo's Immobiliser. My wife's mondeo was broken into last night and the door locks will not disable the immobiliser. I have tried taking the battery off, wiggling the
key in both door locks, locking and opening each of the locks but the light on the dashboard wont stop flashing and when i turn the ignition on the alarm sounds... HELP, how can I get the car to go?
sounds like you have a key with a chip built in, has the plastic cowling arround the ignition key been damaged? there is a pick-up sensor which surrounds the ignition barrel, this reads the key as it is inserted and activates the immobiliser. if its been dislodged or broken then it wont disable the immobiliser.