ford mondeo

hi all

im having problems with my mondeo only when its cold for the first 10 mins of driving it splutters as i running out of fuel wen trying to exelerate car picks up speed bu chokes when speeding up by the time you reach 5th it clears and run normal again this happens everytime the engin is cold exactly the sam way ive eliminated ht leads and plugs cost me £52 for special types an did nothing

anyone have any ideas??? im totaly stuck

davy nottinghamshir

-- thunda478221

Reply to
thunda478221

Probably the idle control valve.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

Not a lot to go on - what age is the car, what engine & fuel type, approximate mileage?

Ah, you've answered part of that - HT leads - so petrol, and I assume old enough that you're doing your own maintenance?, maybe vacuum leak around the throttle / inlet manifold (check integrity of vacuum pipes around there), clogged fuel filter (when was it last replaced?), failing coil pack (tried pulling individual leads off to see if it's a single cylinder that's gone down), etc.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

hi thank you for advise so far

my car is L reg 1.8 obviously petrol as you said

ive had a guy say to me there is a leak in the air line when i renewe M.O.T but im not sure how id fix it ill try the ht lead think though and se if ive got a cylinder down thanx again

dav

-- thunda478221

Reply to
thunda478221

Most certainly not. More likely the coil pack.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

if it was the coil pack wouldnt this problem happen more offtern tha

when the car is cold and for more than about 10 minutes??

also the car is injection if this helps as i said the car was said to have a leak in the air/vac line so im thinking the problem is something like this as after 10 minute the car runs perfect anyone thinking im wrong in thinking this please explain where im goin wrong

thanx dav

-- thunda478221

Reply to
thunda478221

Personally, I'd try tracking down the leak - have a word with the MOT guy - see if he can point out the leak, if necessary. Quite likely the cause.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Its possibly the infamous "T piece" under the coil pack. It only costs a couple of quid fro Ford.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Its possibly the infamous "T piece" under the coil pack. It only costs

couple of quid fro Ford.

Reply to
thunda478221

In message , thunda478221 writes