Ford with GM Warranty

Hi all-- I bought a great Ford Expedition XLT ( 2000 ) from a local used car dealership, and because I was afraid of it breaking (it had 50k miles on it) bought a Major Guard Warranty from the Delaer (GM
Major Guard) which extends it a bit. I've already used it once successfully, but it's been a royal pain. They had the car for two days, the dealer (a GM dealer) had to take it to the Ford Dealer to have them fix it, and threatened me that if it wasn't covered under warranty I would have to pay.
They gave me a rental at least (threatend again that if it wasn't under warranty I'd have to pay) -- they couldn't even diagnose it they claimed until they shipped it to the Ford Dealer. Of course it was covered (the major guard is pretty good about that)
Problem is I got a check engine/service engine light again. The GM dealer is more than an hour from my house, I want to take it local. None of my local GM dealers will look at it --they say it's a Ford and they don't have the right tools. And I can't find any contact info for the GM Major Guard Plan ( http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/contact_us.cgi ) as to who to call and get permission to take it right to the ford Dealer or at least to get them to strong arm my local GM dealer to drive it to the Ford Dealer (what a waste)
Has anyone had this experience, can offer an help/insight? Thanks.

If it is an emissions problem, it is probably covered under the emissions warranty on your car from Ford (which is who may have ended up paying for the first repair). It might be cheaper to give the Ford dealer a call. I think they charge $60 to and diagnose the car, but if it is an emmissions problem, this will be covered by Ford.
Jeff