Fuel Pump Seal

Seems that I am having problems getting my fuel tank to seal properly when I put on the locking ring that holds in the fuel pump. Gas is leaking out the
top when I fill up. I had this off a couple weeks ago and this is the first time I have filled up.
1) Do auto parts stores have the locking ring and rubber seal? If not where can I get that.
2) Are there any special tricks to get the ring and seal on so a seal is made?
joe opined in

Should be a dealer part