HELP - '94 Grand Marquis Engine Light On

Hi,
My engine light keeps coming on intermittently when I reach cruising speed on the freeway (50 to 65 MPH). It never happens around town, in slow traffic or at prolonged idle. It seems to be worse in colder weather.
There appears to be no discernible affect on engine performance. It runs great. I tried to extract the code and got something like a 332 with the key on engine off test. Unfortunately, I don't know how to narrow it down to the specific component. The car has 130,000 miles on it and all the sensors appear to be original. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to fix this before it affects the running of the engine.
Steve
If the code is 332, it is telling you that the EGR system isn't working properly. The 4.6L engine has a nasty little goo problem at the intake manifold that goofs up EGR. There are several guides to this repair around the web, I'll try to remember where but you could Google this newsgroup and probably find the cure.
In a nutshell, you need to remove the throttle body, then the elbow to the intake manifold. I didn't need to disconnect much of anything on the TB. Under the gasket you will find a channel full of goo and crud. Be sure to plug the intake with a rag before you begin to remove the gasket. I cleaned mine with a screwdriver, shop vac, and a can of throttle body cleaner (don't use carb cleaner) and a rag or paper towels. Unless you are feeling very lucky, stop at a dealer and get a new manifold to elbow gasket and elbow to throttle body gasket before you remove any parts. It doesn't hurt to clean the elbow with the TB cleaner and do the TB, too. When it's all clean, put it back together and go for a drive. If you disconnect the battery before beginning, the computer will probably reset and start fresh when you reconnect it.
I did my '95 at about 80k miles. It's a very similar setup except it uses a different computer - shouldn't matter for the repair, tho.
I hope this helps - PoD

See here: http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html
Steve Walters wrote:

Steve, I had a code on my T-bird similar to what you are discribing. When we pulled the code, it was the PVC positioning sensor (or something to that effect) It's a square black plastic box on top of the intake. (That's where it is on my 90 T-bird)
That might b it, it might not b. Sounds like it's doing the same thing though..
Hope it helps..
D.