94 Grand Marquis - Problems with Engine missing

This past week I just started noticing the car missing while it was idling. My first thought was plugs, but not sure. The car has over

60,000 miles, it has been garage kept most of its life, very well taken care of, very clean under the hood. I don?t know if the plugs were changed by the previous owner or not. It doesn?t act like it would be the fuel filter, because when I am going up hill it doesn?t lag any at all. It really just seems to do it when I first start to accelerate, after I get up to speed I don?t notice it as much.

If anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them, please!

Thanks, Justin

Reply to
justin_ware71

Now this is a real problem. If the motor is missing under the hood maybe it was kidnaped.

Doc

Plugs & wires would be first. Also, just to be safe, have the tranny fluid/filter changed. I do mine every 50-60k - keeps the shudders away.

PoD

Paul of Dayton

If it is just missing a idle, I would tend to suspect dirty fuel injectors. I suggest adding Chevron PRO-GARD® Clean-Up Engine Deposit Remover (see

) or Chevron TECHRON® Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner (see
to your next couple of tanks of gas.

Regards,

Ed White

C. E. White

Pull the engine codes to see what's wrong.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

Have you even bothered to check them?

Of course not.

Your injectors are getting dodgy. Pressure clean them with the usual aerosol solvent/adapter kit and change the fuel filter. This car sounds like one of those that was kept in a garage but never really maintained properly. I've seen "old folks'" cars like this that look great, but you pop a valve cover, and it's sludge city, due to no maintenance.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Thanks Everybody for responding. I don?t really know that much about cars (as you can tell) so I really appreciate the advice that was given. The people on this site are awesome and have helped me out with car issues many times.

Justin

"DeserTBoB" wrote: > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:22:14 GMT, justin_ware71

Reply to
justin_ware71

Did you ever find the engine that was missing? :)

Couldn't resist.

G'nite!

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

Is this a 4.6 engine? Sounds like the problem I had with my 95 Town Car. My miss turned out to be primarily a bad plug wire but cleaning the MAF sensor (easy to do if you have tamper-proof torx drivers) cleared up a hesitation and poor cold running problem I'd had for months.

Brad

Brad Behm