help! leaking 95 taurus 3.0 vulcan timing cover

.. leaking coolant.
Cant find my 95 cd manual
went to autozone instructions.
Says:
Drain and remove oil pan.
Go to 'oil pan', implies it can be done by dropping starter, exhaust and
insp cover for trans.
Is that right? Thought the engine had to be lifted clear of cradle or etc.
you pay..DEAL with it!

Note: Found in google of this group that some say dont have to drop pan.
Not an option in my case, as I also have had an oil leak for some time in the same area.. may actually be in the pan to timing cover seal
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Pull the starter and the Y-Pipe, the pan will drop right out after that. Bob

Yeah.. that was a dumb post. Made the same mistake 'a rookie' would. Didnt see the tree for the forest.
BTW: PB BLASTER is great stuff... and I would have tried it except for prev comments on here.
I'll do a PBP review in the next few days.
you pay..DEAL with it!