**I need answer quick please**LOST KEYS

I have a FORD ESCAPE. I heard that it is 200-300$ to replace keys????? is this correct? but I read somewhere that it was only like 80$ or less I am confused.
I have a back up key I made that ofcourse just opens doors etc. but does not start the car. I was thinking I can order a key blank from ebay 20bucks and a FOB 20bucks get the black cut out from the backup I made and program it from inside car. Will this work??
Also can a locksmith help me any? If anyone can give me guidance on this situation I will APPRECIATE IT, its the only vehicle right now and I am going to walk to ford in the morning for 7am PLEASE HELP.
The keys have computer chips in them and have to be programmed. If you have two already programmed keys, you can program a third, etc. In such a case, anyone can cut the key.
If you only have one programmed key, you have to take it to the dealer who actually has to plug your car into a computer and let the factory reprogram the security system for your escape to match the keys. If you have no keys, you have to have the vehicle towed to the dealership for them to do this.
When did you lose your key?
CJB