Just replaced alternator on 98 Taurus Sdn 3.0 L SOHC....

And the damned thing still won't start. It's got a charge in the battery, The windows and all other accessories still work. But, you turn the key in the ignition and bupkis. The car experts at AutoZone assured
me that it had to be the alternator, since before it died, if I tromped on the accelerator it would almost stall out and the charge light would come on.
Only things I can think of are either the fuel filter is clogged od the starter is toast, although there's no solenoid click.
Any ideas short of towing it out onto the tank gunnery range and letting them have it?
Semper Fi.
Al
sounds like you need to see a real pro. not a 6 dollar an hour one. rusto

Clogged fuel filter wouldn't prevent it from turning over; the starter itself just isn't getting juice. This could be caused by starter relay, ignition switch, trigger lead to starter relay, bad cable, bad connection, or even the starter itself.
"A. Russell Murray" wrote:

Ms. Cooke,
Thank you. You've at least given me a starting point. And where there's hope...
Al
Sharon K.Cooke wrote:

Car experts? Autozone? Ha.
Does the engine crank at all? I don't know what "bupkis" means.
Rock.
Rock, thanks for the reply.
Bupkis = Nothing. I was trying to keep my anger and obscenity level to a minimum. It doesn't even make the clicking sound of a dead battery sound. Won't crank in the least bit. The experts at AutoZone (No really, they are!) tried to suggest that it could be a bad fuel pump or possibly a bad starter. I can take a computer apart and put it back together but I haven't had a lot of success with cars since the late 70s early 80s. Any logical suggestions would help. Besides, I can't drive out to the impact area of the tank range in its current condition.
Rock wrote:

Is it in park?
--
Steve