96 Taurus Alternator

I just need an estimate on what it might cost to have my alternator replaced by a certified mechanic on a 96 Ford Taurus LX Stationwagon?

Reply to
movinkindaslow

hint... while it DOESNT matter whether it's a sedan or a station wagon (they all look the same under the hood - REALLY!!) it MIGHT make a difference what engine you have and whether you want him to install new, high quality rebuilt, or run of mill rebuilt...PLUS, where you live matters, too.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It cost me over $200. on my '93 about 6 yrs. ago. DIY for much less.

Reply to
jeff wald