Lincoln Towncar Air Suspension HELP

We have a 1994 Lincoln Town car with 56,000 miles. In the past couple of months, we have experienced problems with the air suspension.
It began with blowing the fuse under the hood. The fuse was replaced
and the air supension worked properly for two weeks before the fuse blew again. The fuse was replaced three or four times with the same results.
During the two week period, the CHECK AIR SUSPENION light would come on if you drove longer than 30 minutes. Turning the engine off and restarting the engine resulted in the air suspenstion working properly for an additional 30 minutes.
This week I replaced the fuse under the hood but it seemed to have melted in the socket. I inserted a replacement 30 amp fuse and the air system is not working at all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can you assist with advise for repairing without taking the car to a dealership and beeing charged an excessive fee for replaring the problem?
Thanks in advance
Lincoln for those who travel well (???)
You most likely have leaks in your air spring bladders. This makes the compressor keep working (via input from an axle-mounted height sensor). You can check for leaks at the air springs and solenoids by spraying them with soapy water and looking for bubbles. Another way to check is to turn the air ride off and drive the car normally for an hour or so. If a corner has fallen, there's the leaker. By now, the compressor is pretty well cooked, and the dryer is saturated with water from long-term leaks. Find the leak(s) first, replace the bad component(s), and THEN replace the compressor & dryer.
B Mize wrote:

I'd still be kinda concerned if the underhood fuse *melted*. We've obviously seen scary dangerous stuff on cars before, but I wouldn't think even running the compressor to death should pull enough juice to melt a fuse (especially if it was the proper rating).
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:40:07 -0700, Sharon K. Cooke wrote:

--
remove 'spamsucks' from mail addy for replies.
I fart in Darl McBride's general direction.

============================That kind of thing will happen when the device is pulling very near the rating of the fuse (which it should not) for long periods of time and/or there is a bad connection at the fuse. Either way it is a problem. You know, the engineers that design these systems always seem the use the smallest wire possible and don't seam to take into account all the small little connections and other things that slowly go bad on the car adding up to a bigger problem. I guess it saves them money on copper wire :)
That's kinda what I was getting at. If it were my vehicle, I would take the time to insure that every connection in that circuit had undamaged wires and proper connections.
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 00:42:42 -0700, Scott M wrote:

--
remove 'spamsucks' from mail addy for replies.
I fart in Darl McBride's general direction.
You have good suggestions here. I found my leaking airbag by the hiss it was making. I got new parts at www.arnottindustries.com . When it was operating, did the pump run often while you were driving?
PoD