Lincoln Towncar Air Suspension HELP

We have a 1994 Lincoln Town car with 56,000 miles. In the past couple of months, we have experienced problems with the air suspension.

It began with blowing the fuse under the hood. The fuse was replaced and the air supension worked properly for two weeks before the fuse blew again. The fuse was replaced three or four times with the same results.

During the two week period, the CHECK AIR SUSPENION light would come on if you drove longer than 30 minutes. Turning the engine off and restarting the engine resulted in the air suspenstion working properly for an additional 30 minutes.

This week I replaced the fuse under the hood but it seemed to have melted in the socket. I inserted a replacement 30 amp fuse and the air system is not working at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can you assist with advise for repairing without taking the car to a dealership and beeing charged an excessive fee for replaring the problem?

Thanks in advance

Lincoln for those who travel well (???)

Reply to
B Mize

Sharon K. Cooke

Reply to
Marky

============================= That kind of thing will happen when the device is pulling very near the rating of the fuse (which it should not) for long periods of time and/or there is a bad connection at the fuse. Either way it is a problem. You know, the engineers that design these systems always seem the use the smallest wire possible and don't seam to take into account all the small little connections and other things that slowly go bad on the car adding up to a bigger problem. I guess it saves them money on copper wire :)

Reply to
Scott M

You have good suggestions here. I found my leaking airbag by the hiss it was making. I got new parts at

. When it was operating, did the pump run often while you were driving?

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

Reply to