Pictures / 1994 Ford Taurus Wagon 3.8

Hi Everyone,

I know some like me and some do not or are just ticked at me for saying some things... But...

I'm thinking adding pictures to you ideas for help would not hurt. Most people have digital cameras at hand, some don't and I realize that. I will find a server so that we can add pictures to our words. It may help for people to help with helping you. I will have something in a week or so... What do you think about this? Being there is no way to post this idea other then in this message I will include a link to the picture posting site in my emails. I think a picture is worth 1000 words or more so it will be worth the effort...

The Wagon,

Well some know that I still have a brake problem... I disconnected the ABS brake waring light many moons ago. Firestone tried to bleed or flush is what they call it but can this work if the ABS system is not working? Can they connect the break out box and really bleed the system if the ABS warning light come on? I don't think so but they said they did... There is about 2 and 1/2 inch travel in the brake pedal. The car has speed bleeders and stainless steel brake lines.

I noticed some other things tonight which I could not believe...

Two hoses labeled high pressure on them... One going to the Schader valve on the fuel rail(Chrome) it was loose to say the least, easy to turn by hand... The second which is probably a return hose... The click clamp that they used at the time was 2 inches away from the (Chomium) connector. Meaning it was doing nothing. Have any ideas on this?

Yes I did find more problems but uncertain as to what they mean. For example I did find a vacume hose that needs to be delt with but I'm uncertain as to the fuction. I think pictures will put it into words for you.

I'm also try Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

You mean like:

O-rings.

The second which is probably a return hose... The click

Pic please...

O-rings.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Well when I replaced the plastic hose clamp I pull back the hose and there was link a 2 inch nylon hose underneath, they didn't want the hose to fall off easily but it was very loose on the feed and the return. Hers some pic's

engine)
of connector)
of connector)

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

Gerald, that rubber isnt hose; it's tubing insulation - from heat primarily and rubbing secondarily. The plastic part is the tubing, those plastic clamps to help hold the 'armor' in place.

The connections DO twist and slide (fractionally)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks Back Yard, came to mind after a while but I thank you for the input. I'll have to loosen the clamps a bit. Didn't make sense to me that high pressure would not leak, after thinking about it I came up with the idea that the rubber was just a protector.

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r