plastic transmissions?

I have heard that Ford (GM also) uses plastic gears in transmissions? Is this true?
Don't know if plastic is right word; maybe nylon?

stevef wrote:

The speedometer gears have always been plastic...at least in the modern era. I seriously doubt that the power transmission gears would be plastic...
Gerard
--
Gerard's Automobile Book, Video, and DVD Store
http://www.bob2000.com/booksvids.html