2011 Ford Ford Focus Plastic

Hello, all. Would anyone have any idea why that vertical piece of plastic inside the car next to the windshield and door and extending from the headliner to the top of the dash would develop a slight bulge/warp about the middle of the way down? This is on the passenger side; the piece on the driver's side is fine. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood

The part is ttached by clips. Is it possible one has become disengaged? Did you do anything that might have moved the part (or have something done by a third party - like have electronic equipment installed)? I suppose it could be defective plastic. Since this is a 2011 Focus - why not take it to the dealer and have them fix it. The part is easy to remove / install.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

If it isn't an assembly/attachment issue but the part deforming it would be due to the heat of the interior and a molding process defect in the part. Just have it replaced under warranty.

Reply to
Brent

The part that snaps into a hole broke off? The only way to know is by removing the piece. Don't try to fix it with super glue because the only things that work are solvent (acetone, choke spray, lacquer thinner) or melting it back together with a soldering iron.

The same piece was bulging on my 1986 Toyota, and I just tapped it back in place.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly