producivity increase at ford

Anyone know by what percent ford is increasing productivity, or efficiency? From all I know, in general businesses must increase at least 6% in efficiency each year just to keep pace. I would hate to see
future troubles at ford, but something tells me there just may be.
I Do question sometimes why ford changes lines so often, you look at toyota and honda, even nissan... the big sellers have been around for 20-25 years... civic, corolla, camry, accord, altima, sentra....
Ford cans things, and reinvents them (ahem taurus? tbird?) years later... i wonder what effect that is having on a customers sense of security...
think of hte old timers that buy f150 after f150... or crown vic after crown vic...

Really? The overall productivity increase for all US businesses is less than that. It is around 3%.

In a lot of cases, the US car industry is not changing lines. They are just changing names.
One would wonder why Ford dropped the Taurus and Contour lines, though. The Contour, which had very little advertising, was a top-10 US seller for about 3 years. And, there is very little in the way of development costs, because Ford already developed the next model in the series (aka, Mondeo in Europe). The Taurus was a top 10 seller for many years, including the year in which it was pulled.