Programming Ford Ranger Keys

Can any one besides a Ford Dealer program a second key on 2000 and later Rangers???
Don't tell me locksmiths either, they've been locked out too.
Lee

Yes.
Dleer wrote:

effin things...
some easy to snap the doors open on a ranger though ;)

Um...didja try googling "programming Ford Ranger Keys"????
http://www.fordf150.net/howto/patskey.php
Google is your friend
-Don Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com
"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves...<smack-smack-smack-smack...>"

Nothing there to help him program a second key.
Program a new master key on 96-98, yes. Program a third key on 98 and newer, yes.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:45:41 GMT, aarcuda69062 <

Wel...OK I did read "second key" as "additional key", soo my bad... but the article DOES indeed tell you what to do:
**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**
. Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com
"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves...<smack-smack-smack-smack...>"

The PATS antilock "feature" can be disabled by modifying the ECM but it voids the warranty.

If you have 1 key and want another, you need to go through a reprogramming procedure with a scan tool. Ford dealers, locksmiths and some auto repair shops will have a scan tool to accomplish this.
If you have 2 keys and want a third key, you can program the 3rd key yourself.
I was aware of this "problem", so when I bought an 08 Ranger, I asked the dealer to provide an extra key. The key cutting was done on a standard key cutter. The programming is similar or identical to that for a third key, and requires no additional equipment. Just accuracy in counting the number of key turn sequences and stopping in the correct positions. Same thing is true for the remotes. (At least for the trucks without the additional/optional alarm system.) You do need to get the key blank from the dealer. I have no idea what they charge.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Can any one besides a Ford Dealer program a second key on 2000 and later Rangers???</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Don't tell me locksmiths either, they've &nbsp;been locked out too.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Lee</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I got a few blanks from Ebay for $5.00 each. The dealer wanted $25.00 each. No deal.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Can any one besides a Ford Dealer program a second key on 2000 and later Rangers???</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Don't tell me locksmiths either, they've &nbsp;been locked out too.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Lee</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=