PS rack fittings for pressure and return lines - 87 aerostar

I'm replacing the PS pump and rack on my '87 Aerostar. When I screw the fittings into the rack for the high pressure and return lines, I meet the newly-installed teflon O-rings (put on by the warm-water, tapered-drift expansion method) and the fittings cinch down tight. The metal tubes that form the lines that come out of these fittings are loose - not just able-to-position loose but gonna-leak loose. I've seen the rubber 'O' rings that fit into the grooves at the end of each tube, inside the fittings, and I've got some replacements for these coming in to my local Ford dealership. Will these 'O' rings fix the problem? I've seen some posts to this group that claim the only way to fix this type of problem is to buy new hoses. These same posts claim one can't replace the seals inside the fittings - just the teflon rings as mentioned above. Are the rubber 'O' rings the only seals inside the fittings or is there something more substantial deeper in where I can't get to? I can get a new high-pressure hose but haven't been able to find a new return-line hose. TIA.

Reply to
87aerostar