Ranger done yet?

Any news on when the ranger will be done, and they'll make their next midsize or small pickup?

Picasso wrote:

<http://www.nextautos.com/first-look-europe%E2%80%99s-new-ford-ranger-may-give-us-a-glimpse-2011
-or-
<http://www.google.com/search?q=new+ford+ranger
dr_jeff wrote:

<http://www.nextautos.com/first-look-europe%E2%80%99s-new-ford-ranger-may-give-us-a-glimpse-2011

man theres been a different model ranger in UK for 5 years with better engine lineups and styling than the US version.
Ford is either sitting on their thumb, or really truly waiting to release a new replacement for the ranger.
If they are going to continue 2011 with the same ranger again, they really need to consider what they're doing here with something thats been left over from 1993 and an interior from 1991
Picasso wrote:

I know.
That Ranger and the Ranger in most (or all) markets outside North America is designed and made by Mazda.

It was a damn shame when ford took over the mfg of the mazda trucks in 1993. I Had a 1991 mazda B2300 4x4 5spd, i know it was every bit as good as the toyotas of the day, but I wouldn't consider buying one of the rebadged rangers. ford really sucked the life out ot that truck.
who makes the power plant for the mazda trucks in the links?
Picasso wrote:

Mostly Mazda.