Re: 2nd Gen Escort Mod

It's harder than hell to swap the zetech. You need axles, tranny, engine, wiring, sensors, and the computer. The 2.0 SPI will drop right in and bolt up perfectly to the 1.9 tranny using the 1.9 oil pan. You will need to make an SPI controller using an RPM switch, you can find a how to on escortracing.com. The SPI is the favored swap, and only takes a weekend at most. You can also turbo these motors, but I won't go there.

Heard zetec is not a hard swap either . I am still studying this . Seeing > that my old MAF will work . Any one know or have tried to swap a 1.9 > ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION with a 2.0 ZETEC. > > I don't blame you. Good luck. > > smitty > > > Want to do a engine swap using a 2.0 from a 97 escort to add it to my 92 > > > escort LX. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Mistercmk