Re: Gasoline supplies not likely to shrink

The US has enough know oil reserves to supply ALL of our domestic needs. The problem over that past twenty years has been that overly restrictive environmental laws in the US that have reduced
our ability to obtain those reserves at a price that is competitive with the mid east crude, hence we import half of our crude. In fact we have been importing refined produces as well, because of the high cost of refining in the US and our inability under those laws to build new refineries. Blame the politicians that are afraid of the environuts. The good thing is we will have oil in the future, when the cheaper crude supplies are gone, but by then we will probably be using much more expensive hydrogen to power our vehicles.
mike hunt
Childfree Scott wrote:

More bullshit from the man of a thousand screen names.
The hike in prices of gasoline on the west coast are in part in response the the reduction of Opec production. But, as has been widely reported in all of the major news outlets, the main reason why west coast gasoline prices are .40-.50 above the eastern US is because the producers out here have slowed production and in some cases completely shut down refineries. The oil companies are playing the same game that the electric producers and wholesalers played a few years ago. Prices are expected to approach $3.00/gal by Labor Day. Thanks go out to the conservatives for fostering the sort of anti-consumer environment that allows this fraud to occur. Also, hydrogen is an idea put forth and perpetuated by the conservatives. It's BS. They have also managed to cut funding for new energy research, like cold fusion.
"Ben Dover"@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com "Mike Hunt"@mailcity.com "Mike Hunter22"@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@ptdprolog.net "Cal Ripkin"@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com "Mark Simmons"@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@ptdprolog.net snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com "Ted Kopper"@mailcity.com "Make Spitz"@mailcity.com "Dusty Rhodes"@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

--
Tom
TS3

Maybe the fact that the oil companies spent millions to get Bush elected has something to do with it?
Now, with his reelection looking more and more unlikely, they have one year to act. Now's the time to create shortages and crises, get that price up before Bush is gone.
Your certainly are entitle to you opinion, no matter how convoluted it may be. The only BS here is your confusion of the facts. Of course OPEC is in a position to set the crude production, their production cost is $20 below that of the US. California is a prime example of environmentalism gone amuck. The reason your fuel price are high is the lack of refining, storing and shipping capacity and the inability to update them, the result of problems caused by California's environuts. Did it ever occur to you why adjoining states have lower fuel prices and states like Pennsylvania with many refineries have the lowest prices? If allowed to continued the rest of the county will be in the same sorry fix. We can have all the crude we need by simply suspending some of the stupid environmental laws that are causing the enormous difference in base cost, over imported crude.
Indeed I have the ability to connect to the NG's from many different stations with different names but I always sign the same name, Mike Hunt. Many of those you have attribute to me however are not some of the station from which I access the NG's
mike hunt
Whole Lotta Tom wrote:

HA HA HA You MUST be joking!
The price of the product may be low but PA taxes it out the wazoo (either the 2nd or 3rd highest gas taxes in the country IIRC) so you wouldn't notice any cost savings.
HA HA HA You MUST be joking! Current price is $1.49 including 18C federal tax and 26C state tax. ;)
mike hunt
Stephan Mynarkiewicz wrote:

Where are you (seriously)?...going rate here (central PA) is $1.65-$1.70+ almost everywhere and rising fast.
Meant to type $1.59, it went up to $1.62 today.
mike hunt
Stephan Mynarkiewicz wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Where is that $1.49 price Mike? I don't disagree with your position on this topic but I have never found PA's gas prices to be all that low. I grew up in Allentown my sister lives in Bethlehem, mom in Wilkes-Barre brother in Lancaster, in-laws in Philly, brother-in-law in Pittsburgh and none of them have seen a buck and a half gas lately. I reside in a DC Virginia suburb and VA has had lower gas prices than PA for as long as I have lived here (16 years) and as far as I know we have one refinery in Yorktown, VA. Maybe we have lower taxes?

Sheets stations in Reading for one, Hazleton another.
mike hunt
Scott wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Then prices just went down in a pretty big way! Went to see dear old mom two weeks ago and the Sheetz station just outside of York on I83 said $1.64/9 on the marquee. We filled up in Hazleton at the Exxon just across the street from the PSU campus next to the Val-Mont Industrial Park and we paid $1.66/9 for 87 octane unleaded!!!

It is $1.62 in Fogelsville and at 3rd and New streets in Bethlehem. Look likes you should have driven a bit farther and gotten away from the high prices near Intestate 81 and 83. The Sheets station is up past the Hazleton airport. Funny thing though that Exxon station just across the street from the PSU campus went out of business several months before the end of last year and still has $1.19 posted. ;)
mike hunt
Scott wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Ah, wait Mike you said Hazleton was one of the $1.49 spots and that is off I81. I don't know where that closed Exxon station is you mentioned but I will admit I was in error of claiming I purchased gas at an Exxon. Wife says it was a Sunoco A-Plus mart. For proof I tried to find the phone number to verify the price but much to my dismay the listing is forever lost because it not listed under Sunoco or A-Plus so I assume the owner has preceded the listing with his or her name. If you are really all that interested in disproving me try calling Rossi's Bar which is across the street from the said gas station, their number is 570-455-8122. Since Rossi's has been there since I was a kid (didn't always live in Allentown) living off Airport Road (Dipple Manor area) I'm sure they can vouch for the gas station in question. While you are at it call the 999 Airport Road Sheetz at 570-455-0115 and ask them how much 87 octane unleaded is. Try $1.69/9 not $1.49/9 like you stated less than 24 hours ago right down here-I
I V

The only convoluted opinion is yours.
There is plenty of production capacity in the west and there are larger crude reserves here than in the east, but refineries have deliberately slowed production and closed refineries to tighten gasoline supplies. The industry has been quite open about it.
All of the screen names posted were used by you at one time or another. And, no, you have not been consistent about using Mike Hunt. I remember you as the "Mayor". Your most prominent posting feature is an unabashed proclivity to prevaricate.
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

--
Tom
TS3
http://www.geocities.com/styleline58 /
Like I said you are simply confused, again. Their no conspiracy, the loss of refining capacity and the inability to tap those offshore reserved profitably is a direct result of California's overly restrictive environmental lows, nothing more. The goofy Californians even amended their constitution to outlaw low cost nuclear power plants, then complain when the cost of electricity went up. Do some research before you jump on a subject and perhaps your posts will not appear so uninformed so often. And no my friend if I posted it, it is signed mike hunt. I'm not the only one with access to those station through which I access the NG's
mike hunt
Whole Lotta Tom wrote:

I never mentioned a conspiracy. Your feeble attempt to yet again dismiss what is an open fact has failed again. The industry has been quit clear about what it is now doing in the west. I see that you are still playing to the nuclear power interests. I recall how you described it as a "clean" energy. It's as if the large corporate intrests are sending you a check for your insistant brown nosing. And, yes, you have posted under different names. Mike Hunt was one of many.