Re: General Tire: Grabber AW

I have Generals on my 99 Taurus wagon. Two tires went 80.000. The other two are still going at 86,000. One new tire went flat and was destroyed a couple weeks after I bought it. Without a road hazard warranty, the tire
dealer would do nothing for me.]
Ima wrote in message ...

Read your new car warantee. 36,000 miles bumper to bumper, tires included.
In my case, no tire went bad within 36,000 miles. Tire warranties aren't worth much unless you have paid extra for road hazard insurance. Tires are allegedly warranted for many miles, but that's a guarantee against defects in materials or construction. The tire manufacturers never admit such flaws and say your tire went flat due to road hazard and then was driven flat so it's your fault.
Ima wrote in message ...

Again read your Ford Warantee, new car tires are covered these days.
I was hoping to have found a constructive comment, like the phone number of the Ford VP for safety that might like to follow up on a case like this.
Well, I admire those who pursue their consumer rights!
There is a Dispute Settlement Board PO Box 5120 Southfield MI 48086
They have a complaint form and procedure to follow
I can't help with the phone no.