Tires [in general]

i've noticed that Yokohama tires are priced substantially lower than most others. anyone see a reason why? are they "cheap" tires?

my Geolandar AT +II tires have on taco have been great thus far, and i just got some avid s/t 245/60/15's and 225/70/15's for my 76' pontiac TA, $57ea for 245's and $50ea for 225's

considering the size of the tire, the price is very very low (tirerack.com)....

any opinions on Yokohama brand

Reply to
Kryptoknight

I did a lot of investigation on tires a while back when I needed new meats for my toy. From what i've seen, Yokohama tires are good for the price, but wear poorly. Since I am a miser in the purest sense, I wanted a tire that would last me 5 years so I went with BFG AT/Ko's. In my opinion, they are the best tires around..a little pricey though, I paid $450 for 4 new tires, mounted, balance, road hazard and used spare. You can check for reviews on tires and such if you just know where to go. Check out:

:-)

Lisa

Reply to
LisalouLiLRed

Check the Korean brand Kumho. Bought their AT's for my 96 Pathfinder, and will be buying a set soon for our 01 Sienna. Very happy with the performance, and, for their price, makes the deal that much more sweet. Read the reviews on them at Tire Rack.

Reply to
Mr Muckle