Re: question about 1997 ford taurus transmission

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yea, i look every week for parts. And in my part of the world, i don't see 3rd gen taurus often listed. Most of the time there cars that stopped running and the owner parked them. You still have to pull the trannie out. Or pay someone to to it. And if there not running, still no guarantee how good it is or is not. No way to test it. And if the owner ran it into the ground, chances are the rest of the car is junk. Most owners don't buy back their wrecked cars if there totalled, so you would have to have an inside at the insurance auction to get to them. Its not uncommon to see 1st and second gen taurus from $200 or so on up. Usually with a dead 3.8 or a dead trannie. I did see a 3.0 spouting water out of the tail pipe last month. They usually outlast the car.
Its rare that i see a taurus that's parts out listed in one of these types of paper. A pickup, SUV, or collectable is another matter.
Bob

-
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:12:15 -0600, BOB URZ

fuck all fords do that ist it a shame you cat get 100,000 kn out of a ford

lmfao dime a dozen 16 year old is his fault smucks up car has plpd insurance
fuck you own it you dont buy it back tard
(...)

Not sure how far 100,000 kn is, but my Ford Contour has gone 116,000 miles major problems.
Great car.
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ok Mr. expert. 1993 taurus. 180K Miles. Original 3.0 motor. Original ax4s. Still going. Have i done work to it? YOu bet! but its still serviceable and running. Parts are available and salvage can be had. Yea, i got a stash of salvaged parts for future repairs. Scam them when a core wanders by. SO i guess your 100K theory is bogus. Yes, there not all good. some don't hit 100K. especially with a 3.8. Any 10 year old car is going to need on going maintenance. I don't care WHAT brand it is. Can you name me one that does not? You can roll on the floor all you want. I have got my moneys worth out of this car 10 times over.
Bob

Your hit, the other guys insurance totals it. They pay you off. They own the car then. That's how its bought back. How do i know? My wife's old taurus got totaled this way and i bought it back for parts. Pulled out the vitals and the rest went for tin cans.
Maybe you can get that 16 year old kid that totaled his own car to pull the trannie for you too............. Chances are his parent hauled it to the junkyard before any parts got strewn across the drive way. Nice try Hurc......
Bob

-

lmfao yup you will find for has more maitanence
lmfao u posted 3 l how many 3.8 s hit 100k
too bad most 3l wont hit 200k
hey thats just broke in if it were a honda lmfao u go girl
hurc ast
gerald snipped-for-privacy@impco.com wrote:

More than what???
My taurus is running. Same cannot be said for my 96 S10 2.2. A motor that is supposedly not an interference motor that is sitting in my driveway with little compression after a cheap factory chain tensioner shelled and caused the cam gear to slip. New chain and gear did not help. Probably bent valves. Will find out latter this week.

I have seen 3.8's with 150K. But there in the minority compared to 3.0's. And i cannot vouch for how many head gasket repairs they might have had. I have seen some nice cars trashed with bad 3.8's.

Most 3.0's will out live the car. Death by trannie or rust is more likely.

You think HOndays don't break either?. I see the older ones at the side of the road just like anything else. ANd the u pick it yard has a pile of them. Got to give honda credit, they do build a good car that holds it value longer. But it generally costs more. And it eventually dies like anything else.
Bob

-
Bob Urz wrote:

Hey Bob,,,, I hope you like that Taurus, it's still a low mileage car, so you are going to have it for a LONG time.............
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

I have a love / hate relationship with them. The 93 now needs motor mounts, and has a PS leak i have been waiting until it warms up to work on. Since i do most of my own work and have the manuals, i usually can get it back on the road or fixed reasonably. And with my stash of parts, a lot of big expensive items are in the garage ready to go. Since my S10 is now dead, it has priority in the repair list.
I don't think i would be as successful reasonably fixing a rice burner of the same age. Mileage is OK, but not great. 17/18 in town and up to 29 on the road. I will run this one until it self destructs or a better newer one comes along. My wife has been in wrecks with two of them and lived to tell about it. I doubt she would have been as lucky in a smaller import.
Bob
-