Andrew Rossmann

Sometimes they will move OK id in L (or D1) but not in drive as well. The transmissions on Taurii have a reputation for being fragile.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Reply to
cgobrn via CarKB.com

Not sure if I am reading this correctly but let me answer with a couple of items:

My 2000 Taurus Wagon needed to have the shifter able replaced. I too felt a "pop" when shifting geras and my shifter bar went limp so to speak. Fortunately I was able to drive to the dealer since the shifter was able to get to "D".

Also, I noticed a slight thud or hesitation when accelerating after a rolling stop, like when you slow down at a stop sign and then accelerate. Turns out that a change of my spark plugs greatly reduced this condition.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this applies to the 2000 but my old '92 had what seemed like a blown tranny but alas, it turned out to be the vehicle speed sensor.

Hope this helps,

Lou, NY

Reply to
Louis F. Carbone