Remote keyless entry problem

I had the windshield replaced in a 2006 Ford Fusion and now the key fob remote entry system doesn't work. What could they have done to cause this?
The battery in the key fob transmitter is good and the car still starts. Wipers work properly.
Thanks,
John wrote:

They probably disconnected the car battery when doing the windshield. Try reprogramming to get the key fob to work (look in your manual).

Ok thanks. I'll try that when I get the other key. The manual says I need to have both keys to reprogram them. (The other key is across the state right now)

What fixed it; Opened door with other remote, then closed door with remote. Then tried "bad" remote. Everything worked. ???