Seat belt stuck - '96 Escort

Hi, (Sorry, I could explain it any better. I hope you get what I mean.) The seat belt in my '96 Ford Escort LX is the kind which automatically buckles
up when we close the door. Unfortunately, the driver side belt got stuck about mid-way today. It fixed itself once, but not the second time. I could hear the motor clicking repeatedly, trying to pull the belt all the way but the belt doesn't budge.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks, Senthil.
Go to http://www.feoa.net and search the fourms. It's asked on a regular basis there.