Stabilizer bars

Well, I changed the link bolts, and frame mount bushings for the stabilizer bar on the 83 grand marquis. I had it off when I went to get the parts from
various parts stores, and I realized just how much it helps to have one (full sized grand marquis, 1" bar).
I got to wondering about how much a rear one might help, in both the fully loaded cases (like 4 people, and some junk in the trunk). And then I got to wondering if any versions of these vehicles had rear stabilizer bars. Perhaps the LS? Or maybe certain LTD's, or town cars, or marks.
If so I might have to go to the salvage and see if I could find one. Or maybe even later model vehicles that did have them taht would still mount to my vehcile would be worth a try.
Thanks for any info,
Nic
Robotnik wrote:

Every one of my LTD / Crowns had one, if not from the factory then from a salvage yard. Police cars & HD suspensions had them.
Four bolts, four spacers, and the bar, & you're done.
Rob
Check Addco for a bar; they make stuff for applications most folks don't even know exist. As far as wrecking yards, one would suspect (forgive me for lack of specific information, I'm a Chevrolet geek) that taxi and cop cars of similar vintage would have a bolt-in or at least adaptable unit. You mention, however, the bar's impact during loaded conditions; be advised that a sway bar's impact upon ride height will be negligible, if any. An antisway bar's contribution to a suspenstion system is in terms of roll stiffness, ie, limiting body-roll-induced weight transfer upon the laden tire, in effect impacting the under/over steer characteristics of a chassis.
On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:20:27 -0600, Robotnik wrote:

Yeah, the reason I mentioned loaded condition is that there would be more mass in the back, and therefor more momentum to overcome such as when taking a corner, since the mass will tend to continue in a straight path, so the vehicle with alot of extra mass would be more influenced to roll than with less mass added to it.