850 rear sub-frame mount bushings?

I have a "clunks" when traveling over potholes or rough road at lower speeds(30MPH) from the rear. I have already replace the rear shocks and the upper shock mounts. It looks like after 140,000 miles the rear sub-frame mount bushings are cracked, visible when jacked up.

Does anyone have experience changing the rear suspension bushings? special tools needed? book time to replace?

RAZ

Reply to
RAZ

I'm interested in this post as I have similar "clunks" from mine, particularly when driving down my rather long driveway, although I don't hear them at road speed. I had thought it might be exhaust related - but maybe this is my problem. I only hear it at low speeds travelling downhill. Hmmm . . .

Carly

Reply to
carly

As it turned out, it was the bushings caled "links" that hold the rear to the chassis. These are not cheap at $200list. Got them for $150 at Volvo Keane, NH

Reply to
RAZ