Stabilizer connecting link problem

The right front suspension on my 2000 Ford Taurus wagon would make a noise when driving on a rough road surface. I was told that it might be a bad stabilizer connecting link a.k.a. dogbone.(See pic by clicking on url above ) I replaced the dogbone but found out that it was not the cause of the problem.

My question now is could it be a bad strut that is making the noise?

Reply to
Ed

======================== What does the noise sound like?

Reply to
Scott M

It sounds more like a rattle than a dull thump.

Reply to
Ed

============================== Your only hope is to try to find what is making the noise before you throw any more parts at it. Did you remove the wheel cover to eliminate that? Also look under the hood for anything loose, there could be sooo many things that make a rattle type noise. Try to locate the noise and pin it down to a certain area. GL.

Reply to
Scott M

Good point. My mechanic friend has looked over the vehicle trying to find the source of the rattle. He checked the cat converter underneath to see if it was loose but that proved to be negative.

We will keep on looking.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Ed

Also check, if you have not already, the caliper bolts.

Reply to
Hank