Stabilizer Link question

Here's a pic from my 98 Ford Explorer:

Is it a stablizer link? I had a break job done recently and they said I needed to do something with my stabilizer links. I cannot remember if the link was bad, or needed tightening, rubber thingys, or something. I am able to move this part up and down quite a bit like it is loose. I am getting ready to replace the tires, maybe I'll have them look at it... Thanks, Roger

Reply to
RogBaker

It should be bolted in at both ends. I've had both of mine break on my 98 over the years. Easy to and cheap to replace yourself (once you get them loose...).

Reply to
Al Williams

This may or may not help. But, we had are stabilizer links on our 1996 AWD replaced under a factory recall. Don't know if it applies to your

1998. After the stabilizer links were replaced, I noticed a significant improvement in handling.
Reply to
jonezzzman