Taurus locks

I have a 98 Taurus and everytime I hit the lock button or use the key to lock the doors (do not have keyless entry) the doors will unlock themselves 5 - 10 minutes later, was in the garage tonight and heard the
doors unlock themselves and I pushed the lock and unlock button on both sides several times and it kept unlocking itself several minutes later, when i pushed the locks down manually they stayed locked. Thank you for any solutions to this problem.
paul1958 wrote:

All doors or just the driver's unlocking?
Rob

Do you have any OTHER weird indications?
Like a flaky seat-belt signal?
Sounds like a 'feature' gone awry.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

doors will unlock if you happen to leave the key in the ignition. It's possible that the contacts on the ignition cylinder are getting flaky. The several minute delay is puzzling though.
All 4 doors are doing it and everything else is fine. Even after I start it up and go down the road I can push the lock button and about a minute later they unlock while the car is moving. It does it on both switches.
What it could be is the switch on the outside door lock that is supposed to unlock/lock all doors whenever you use the key to unlock the drivers door; the switch could be stuck, causing the false activation. I know, Iknow, the time element bothers me too, but stranger things have happened. What you might start with is removing the door panel and disconnecting the switch; make sure to secure the loose connector or it might wind up getting caught in the window channel by the window glass.

Tom Adkins wrote:

That "feature" only unlocks the driver's door.
The OP sounds like a faulty lock switch - one of the front doors.
Rob
paul1958 wrote:

backwards.....Very strange problem for sure.......Did you just buy the car and its done this since you had it or did it all of a sudden start doing this?
I don't have an alarm, I have owned it for about 6 months and it just started it. Have been messing with it for 2 days but to no avail. So I have been manually locking it and that works, they stay locked when I do that.

How long ago was Katrina? s
Did'nt go thru Katrina.