A Good Place in Calgary Where to Service My Ford Focus

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Focus and I will appreciate if anyone can suggest a good shop where I can go for service. The car has been always serviced at Metro Ford (Calgary) but by looking at their invoices I think that their rates are not exactly reasonable.

I did not get heat in the car for quite some time this morning and I suspect that the thermostat needs to be replaced.

Thanks, Konstantin

Reply to
Konstantin

Esp if heat came all of a sudden...

Check the coolant level first. Easiest way is to look at the overflow when it's hot.. then check to see if it has dropped after the engine has cooled to ambient temp.

If it hasnt, replace the cap or check for breakage in that line

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yeah, this is what hapened. First, I thought that this could be a "feature" that does not let you have heat in the car before the engine is warm but engine warmed up quite some time before I got any heat.

Thanks for the hint. I just got the car on Monday morning and did not have a chance to look around too much.

Reply to
Konstantin